Author Topic: Unable to download desktop software  (Read 1399 times)

ddwsuperpaw

• View Profile
Unable to download desktop software
« on: February 06, 2013, 07:40:31 AM »
I am attempting to download the desktop software for Cellica DB WiFi with no success.  Initially, I get a "could not download" error. I click retry and sometimes get a partial download.  In those cases, clicking resume usually gets another failure.  Once, I got through the download, but the file was corrupt / truncated and wouldn't unpack properly.  I tired installing direct from the download prompt (i.e. without saving first) and got the same thing.  I have a high-speed internet connection that is working.  As a check, I went to 2 other websites and downloaded >16MB files with no trouble.  I would really like to try this software.  Thanks. -ddw

ddwsuperpaw

• View Profile
Re: Unable to download desktop software
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2013, 09:34:42 PM »
I managed to download the install package after some effort.  The software appeared to install correctly on my PC and load after installation was complete.  I was able to use it and connect to my Android device.  However, when I exited the desktop software and then tried to relaunch, I get a Windows message that "Cellica Database (Wi-Fi) has stopped working", and so on.  If I uninstall the program and reinstall I get the same; the program loads initially, but after exit won't run.  I'm running Win 7 Ultimate SP1, 12GB RAM, Intel Core i7 3.2GHz, 2TB HD.  The software looks promising for my needs, but these installation issues are troublesome.  I would appreciate some help.

CellicaTeam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2013, 09:43:51 PM »
Please Zip logs folder from the "C:\Program Files\Cellica Database (Wi-Fi)\Desktop Files\Logs\" Path  and send it to support@cellica.com.   

ddwsuperpaw

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2013, 10:29:22 AM »
Cellica Support Team, thanks.  The problem "went away" (always interesting when problems just go away by themselves.) -ddw