Author Topic: Suggestion for new function on button/macro  (Read 2512 times)

gregm

• View Profile
Suggestion for new function on button/macro
« on: August 21, 2013, 08:27:55 PM »
In a future version, would we be able to get a "Refresh" function on either a button or a macro (preferably both) that will sync the profiles being used by the active form and then repaint the form? I am using a grid control to select a recordID from a view, Go To Form to show more details and edit the record from a different form using the underlying table and then when we go back to the grid I would like to be able to refresh the profile to show the updated information.
Hopefully that is possible in the near future.

CellicaTeam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestion for new function on button/macro
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2013, 03:22:13 AM »
Updated record data is get reflected in grid control when user come back from jumped form. The focus is currently set to first record by default in grid control. We will update it to show the record which is selected for editing when user will comeback from jumped form to main form in near future release.

gregm

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2013, 05:29:52 PM »
I think the thing I am doing that complicates this is the grid and the form are running off different profiles. The grid profile is based off a view that shows some extra information, the form profile is based on the table so it can be edited. It would be difficult for the software to know it needs to update the profile the grid is using based on changes in the profile the form is using.

CellicaTeam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2013, 12:08:31 AM »
Records added/updated  in one profile on device can not be automatically added/updated  in another profile on same table on device.  The changes will be sync to your desktop database first and then will reflected in another profile on device after synchronization using "Sync" menu on device.

You can perform following step to accomplish your requirement,

1) Create profile with all required columns ( both for grid view and detail view)
2) Create a "Main Form" with "Grid Control" on the profile and select the columns you want to view in grid control.
3) Create a "Detail Form" with available form controls on same profile and map the DataColumns properly.
4) Use "Go To Form" button on "Main Form" to open "Detail Form". Map relationship between columns while opening form.
4) Synchronize the Profile and both Forms to device.
5) Open "Main Form", Tap on "Go To Form" button. Update the record on "Detail Form" and close the form.
6) Observe the changes on "Main Form" grid.