Author Topic: Need help with Cellica Database & ODBC  (Read 3008 times)

KevinRoach

• View Profile
Need help with Cellica Database & ODBC
« on: October 22, 2013, 03:44:42 PM »
Hello!

I am using Filemaker Pro 11 ADV and have installed the ODBC driver. I then installed Cellica Database computer side. I have also installed the Andriod app on my touch pad. When I try to run a file for my business in Cellica it says I have no ODBC Driver installed in Filemaker. Also when I first opened Cellica it told me to goto Control Panel, Firewall Settings, exceptions (tab) and open new port. I clicked the button for add port but not sure what I am supposed to do at this point.

Please Help!
Thanks,
Kevin

CellicaTeam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Need help with Cellica Database & ODBC
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2013, 04:16:02 AM »

Please find below the inline answers to your queries

- I am using Filemaker Pro 11 ADV and have installed the ODBC driver. I then installed Cellica Database computer side. I have also installed the Android app on my touch pad. When I try to run a file for my business in Cellica it says I have no ODBC Driver installed in Filemaker.

=> You need to create DSN for your FileMaker database and then use this DSN to create profiles in Cellica Database application. You can find more information on following link,

http://cellica.kayako.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/30/0/how-to-use-filemaker-pro-to-create-profiles-in-desktop-application

- Also when I first opened Cellica it told me to goto Control Panel, Firewall Settings, exceptions (tab) and open new port. I clicked the button for add port but not sure what I am supposed to do at this point.

=>

You can check if your device can actually connect to your desktop through firewall. If you get any trouble while syncing the profiles to device. please check following knowledgebase article to check the connectivity between desktop and device using WiFi .

http://cellica.kayako.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/27/0/how-to-check-if-your-firewall-ports-are-open-correctly-for-cellica-database-wifi

Let us know if you need any further information or have any questions.