Author Topic: Error Codes  (Read 5643 times)

wdrs

• View Profile
Error Codes
« on: August 30, 2010, 04:16:51 AM »
I have tried to use the Profile Manager in Wireless Database Viewer Plus to Add a New Profile in order to give access to my Microsoft Access Database 2010 version running on Windows 7 but have received two different Error Codes depending on which query I attempt to add to the profile.

The first Error Code is:
SQLSTATE:07002
Native Error Code: -3010
Driver Message:= '[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Too few parameters. Expected 1.'

The second Error Code is:
SQLSTATE:42000
Native Error Code: -1002
Driver Message:= '[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] is not a valid name. Make sure that it does not include invalid characters or punctuatioin and that it is not too long.'

Are there any suggestions as to what is wrong and/or what I can do to get the Profile added so that I can start to use the Database Viewer on my iPad?

My Database Viewer Version is 3.6 Build 290610A

David
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 04:18:41 AM by wdrs »

CellicaTeam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Error Codes
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2010, 04:39:13 AM »
For Queries (First error code):

Current version do not support Queries which has parameter. In future release we will allow the queries which has parameters.

For the second error code:

Please send us following information.
1. Please send logs folder from the installation path of Database Viewer Plus software on your PC ("C:\Program Files\Wireless Database Viewer Plus\Desktop Files\"). Please zip this folder and send it to us at support@cellica.com.

2. If possible, please send us sample database, this can help us to resolve this issue faster.

wdrs

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2010, 04:46:59 AM »
It is also a query - so is there any point in sending the log?
If you do not support queries, can I join two tables on the iPad?
David

CellicaTeam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2010, 04:59:36 AM »
No need to send logs folder, once we will launch update for queries with parameter, this issue will be resolve.

Join is not possible on iPad.

Please try Forms, if they will able to satisfy your requirements until we provide update for queries with parameters.

wdrs

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2010, 08:56:08 AM »
Thank you.  I will give Forms a try.
David

wdrs

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2010, 09:19:29 AM »
Forms are not shown as an option in the Select Table(s)/View(s) under Profile Name.
What I would like to do is fairly simple.  I have a dynamic table of some 1500 entries which is linked to another almost static table of some 50 entries.  In the large table I have a numeric field holding the ID numbers showing in the second small table, and that ID number determines the alphabetical entry for a field called "Category" and the positive/negative attribute of another field called "Amount".  If the ID is less than 50 the Amount field is negative, whilst if it is more than 50 it is positive.  Clearly those two tables can be joined in any multi table relational database, but how do I achieve that using Wireless Database Viewer?
Thanks
David
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 08:19:57 AM by wdrs »

CellicaTeam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2010, 05:50:24 AM »
In Database Viewer Plus, software allows to create forms for already created profile. Use "Form Manager" module to design the form for your iPad. Please use "combo box control" or "Jump to form" feature to get the expected result. Please check user guide and see the references 3.2.4.4.2   COMBOBOX BASED ON ANOTHER PROFILE (LOOKUP) and 3.2.4.5.9   GO TO FORM.

http://www.cellica.com/ipadWDBVPUserGuide.pdf