Author Topic: Profile stays red  (Read 6317 times)

MIZinIA

• View Profile
Profile stays red
« on: January 19, 2012, 02:45:40 PM »
 I am having a similar problem to a user in the iPhone forum. I moved my Access 2007 data source to a network drive and recreated the data profiles. the new profiles are staying red. but the originals that I renamed changed back to white and are usable. the database is accessible and editable in the new location.

CellicaTeam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Profile stays red
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2012, 05:53:05 AM »
For "Network Drive" database, you need to change synchronization settings from Preferences module in Desktop application.
In Preferences module, you will get "Synchronization Settings" button, click on it and select "Start As Application" option.
and click on "OK" button.

Now this should synchronized database properly.

MIZinIA

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2012, 04:43:39 PM »
but then do I have to leave the Wireless desktop viewer plus open all the time for the iPad to be able to sync?

CellicaTeam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2012, 09:19:50 AM »
No need to leave the Wireless Database Viewer Plus desktop application open, but user should be logged in to his computer.

MIZinIA

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2012, 01:58:10 PM »
now there is a new problem. I cannot change the profile name in the form or sub forms to source the new profile. on the sub form there is the button with 3 dots (...) that indicates I should be able to edit but it does nothing.

CellicaTeam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2012, 03:27:24 AM »
If profile is already assigned to subform, user can not change it as user might have assigned fields of that profile to subform controls.

If you want to change the profile for subform, delete that subform and assign the profile which you want.

MIZinIA

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2012, 09:36:28 AM »
If profile is already assigned to subform, user can not change it as user might have assigned fields of that profile to subform controls.

If you want to change the profile for subform, delete that subform and assign the profile which you want.

so I have to delete and rebuild all my forms and subforms to take a project from development to production? I should be able to change my data source. I am the one taking the risk that my field names must match for the form to work. What if I export the forms uninstall the product and then re-install the application rebuild the profiles and import the forms? also a very cumbersome way to change a data source but not as bad as rebuilding the layout of a form.

CellicaTeam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2012, 12:44:34 AM »
If you want to change Profile of SubForm then just remove that SubForm and add subform again with  new Profile.
And if you want to change Profile of main Form then please Export that Form first and create new form on the profile you want and import the form which you exported already (When you will create new form , it will have option for "Import Form").

You can reuse all the forms from development to production, you need to export forms from development and reuse them in production. You just need to recreate profiles in production.

MIZinIA

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2012, 10:19:40 AM »
is it also true that you have to set the synchronization to Start as application for ODBC data sources?

CellicaTeam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2012, 10:24:22 AM »
It's not for ODBC database, but use this option to access specific user's data/resources (which are specific to particular user account) e.g. User DSN, Network Mapped drive, network resources etc.

MIZinIA

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2012, 10:32:15 AM »
well the ODBC profile stays red unless I change the synchronization settings to start as Application.

MIZinIA

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2012, 10:50:34 AM »
well the ODBC profile stays red unless I change the synchronization settings to start as Application.

I have tried SQL based System DSN and Access based System DSN and the profile will not change from Red unless Sync is set to Start as Application. I even went back and Deleted my form and the Profiles linking to Access on a network drive thinking that might clear the issue.

Start as Application will not sync with my iPad unless I start the Cellica database after I log on every day. I get the message when I open it "Synchronization Service is Stopped, to Start go to "Preferences --> Start Synchronization".". I need this to run as a service or it is useless since I am not logged on all the time and others need access to the data being collected in the field.