Author Topic: Inventory database with external images  (Read 3787 times)

lecs2010

• View Profile
Inventory database with external images
« on: February 10, 2012, 04:55:56 PM »
I use the Wifi version on Android.
I have a product database with more than 10 000 records, each one has it's own picture (over 1 GB of pictures).

A) Is there a way to hyperlink or click on a control to open a picture/photo located on my SD card on the Android phone?

B) Is there a control to view the picture within a form? Each record has a different picture and one of the fields contains the picture name.

PS I do not want to integrate the pictures inside a database, these picture are sometimes updated (more recent picture or product change.

CellicaTeam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Inventory database with external images
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 10:19:24 AM »
Could you please let us know how is the path of images available on sd card stored in your database?

lecs2010

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2012, 04:14:19 PM »
The path of my picture is stored as string fields:

Directory
File name

I could easily update in batch my database to create an extra field containing proper path for my android if that is possible.

I have close to a thousand pics per directory.

I was expecting something like what I see from my PC "\\sd card\MyData\A\photo001.jpg"

The structure is a bit longer but this should give you an idea of how they are named and stored. 

The way I used to do it on PocketPC with another application was to have a picture in my form, "On record change", I would refresh the picture using the new path.  But external link would also do the trick as long as I can have access to the picture easily without browsing with another app behind.

lecs2010

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2012, 03:55:54 PM »
Any suggestions to try or updates to come regarding my issue?